Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2014

One Year Out!

It has been over a year since my first surgery date, and only a year and 4 days since I was discharged from the hospital and really began to lose weight like I should have right after the surgery. As of today I have officially lost 82 pounds.

My strength is coming back and I am getting closer to doing almost all the things that I had done prior to the surgery. I did speak with my bariatric doctor about still having pain and issues in my side and how long it is taking to fully heal. He informed me that I need to still be careful not to lift things that are too heavy or I could herniate my side. The best way I could describe what he told me is that where my fistula was that it closed partially by mending with my side and that is why I have sensitivity right there close to my skin. He also informed me to be more aware that I need to be careful of my food choices in case it will increase my chances of having a bowel instruction due to the fact the way my fistula healed.

I am thankful to know this information in advance so I can do what is needed in my diet to prevent these things from happening the best way I can. 

Life is looking good and I feel much healthier than I did a year ago and most of all I feel happier with myself and my diabetes has been non existence since I was released from the hospital.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great post. I've learnt some important things from your blog. I'll bookmark your blog for future visit. keep posting good contents please. Thanks again.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post about weight loss. If you want to lose fat by gastric balloon weight loss surgery, please contact us from the links below


    The intragastric balloon is something that is growing in use these days as there are many individuals coming up to get that done. There are also some limited and better new ranges of bariatric balloon coming up in the market that can help you to stay in shape and in good position. There are also times when you can seek professional help before using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gastric bypass surgery is effective and safe too if patients choose known and experienced doctors for treatment. Here, get information about best doctors who have lots of experience in successful gastric bypass surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gastric bypass is one of the most popular bariatric surgery procedure for fast and safest weight loss. The Surgeons experience & practice play a very important role for successful weight loss surgery. http://asianbariatrics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you had more updates! I just got done reading your entire journey that is posted so far. Would love to see new pics. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Success Stories ........ thanks for sharing it with public.Losing weight and keeping it off is no easy task. Every day we’re confronted with unhealthy food choices like donuts and birthday cake at the office that can derail a healthy diet. Being overweight or obese also increases your risk for a variety of health conditions, including diabetes and heart disease. Weight loss surgery can improve fertility and reproductive outcomes in obese women, according to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. https://www.alobariatriccenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Brief information about weight loss.Very true a combined professional, personal approach and comprehensive digital element is what today need in Health industry. FIT medical weight loss is the popular name in Ariona and New Mexico USA which provides complete solution for weight loss, reduce body fat and laser treatments as well.

    ReplyDelete