Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 26, 2013

Hiding in plain sight.



The countdown begins. There is only 24 days until I have RNY surgery. I have had numerous questions on forums why I am choosing RNY over VGS since I only need to lose around 100 pounds. The number one reason . . . type 2 diabetes. RNY Gastric Bypass surgery gives me a 95% chance of my diabetes disappearing.  Check out these two articles about discoveries . . . http://forecast.diabetes.org/magazine/research-shorts/cutting-out-middleman-another-benefit-gastric-bypass and http://azstarnet.com/news/science/health-med-fit/gastric-bypass-can-control-even-reverse-diabetes/article_615a258e-5beb-5630-8839-abc780aef252.html

I will admit, I was happy to come home from helping my parents after my father’s surgery this summer rather than going to visit my family and friends as I did not want them to see me this heavy. As it is, I already avoid the camera and post no pictures of myself so they cannot see how large I have become.

The thought of not having to hide from the camera any longer or avoid going to family functions or holidays so people cannot see how fat I am is a very comforting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment