Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 5, 2013

PRE-OP PREPARATION



It is 14 days now until my RNY surgery and per my doctor’s instructions; today I am to begin my pre-op diet.  My weight today is 222.6, it has not changed in month’s since I began logging in my weight every day.  Many people lose weight before having surgery just from the pre-op diet. My daily weigh in’s will show if I will have any weight loss on the pre-op diet.

PRE-OP PREPARATION 

14 Days Prior to Surgery   • Follow Pre-Op Diet below: 

Use any prepared canned or powdered protein drink.  You may purchase these in any health food store or many grocery stores.  Please be sure it contains at least 15 grams of protein per serving. 
 * Breakfast: 1 protein drink
 * Lunch: 1 protein drink
 * Dinner: Salad with Protein (chicken, fish, egg, etc.), small amount of low-fat or fat-free dressing,   
   or olive oil and vinegar.
* Evening Snack: 1 protein drink (if needed).

You may also take 1 Metamucil capsule per day for hunger (if needed). * Patients with high BMI and/or other medical conditions may be prescribed other dietary prerequisites in addition to the above pre-op diet.  




No comments:

Post a Comment