Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tomorrow is the Day!

As I make my final prep plans today for surgery tomorrow I have all my information at my fingertips, stored in my phone and printed out on paper as a back up.

My bags are packed and we will be heading down to Houston this evening to check into our hotel. Since I need to be at the airport by 6:30AM to leave at 8:15AM to fly out my husband and I booked the hotel. Traffic on Monday mornings is Houston is awful and there is a much lesser chance of us getting stuck in traffic and being late. Yes, there is heavy traffic on all the highways here in Houston at 6:00AM.

I have already checked in for my flight this morning with ticket pick-up at the counter. I wanted to make sure that they can list my return flight as needing a wheelchair. I was advised by Stephanie who had her revision surgery with Dr. Kelly this past Monday that I will not be able to stand in the long lines during check in upon return and to order the wheelchair so they will take me to my gate so I will not have to stand. (Great advise, thanks Stephanie!)

I have also packed me a small pillow to take on board the flight with me. I recall from gallbladder surgery that riding in a car or sudden movement hurts your insides and the light pressure of a pillow helps keeps things from moving and hurting.

My laptop has been updated this morning and I made sure my Netflex, Huluplus, and Blaze TV are all set up so I will have something to watch in the hotel room. I have also packed 3 books that I have been reading and this will be a good chance to get them completely read before I begin my next semester of college in September and won't have time to finish the for while.

As far as I know, I have all my food supplies already purchased for my return home so there will be no stopping since I expect to feel pretty lousy and just want to come home and rest.

I recall not feeling completely recovered and ready to take on the world full day like normal for almost 9 days after I had gallbladder surgery so I anticipate that this will be the same way give or take a day or two.

My weight this morning was 233.4, so even after two weeks of pre-op diet and two days of clear liquids, broth, and such, I have neither lost or gained any weight.

Well, here's to my new future. I do not anticipate feeling like posting until I checked out of the hospital and into my hotel room on Wednesday, August 21, 2013.

See you all then!


No comments:

Post a Comment