Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, September 28, 2013

On the Mend

I can hardly believe the month of September is almost over. This past month has been such a blur with everything that has happened. I even surprised myself being able to keep up on the important things.

Today I feel better than yesterday. I am struggling to drink enough water, but I am also sipping lots of chicken broth as well. I mixed my protein shake with 1/2 shake and 1/2 milk to help get it down and digest easy. That really did make a difference and I did not get that awful bloated feeling.

I am getting up and walking around several times throughout the day to help me gas build up. I will say I am looking forward to being able to puree my food in a couple of weeks. Yesterday, I had some Progresso soup that was wonderful. I strained the broth and set the meat and noodles aside. I was thinking how much I wanted to throw that can in my Nutribullet and liquefy it and drink it down.

It seems almost every hour I am having hunger pains, and I need to eat and drink something. I am having a hard time eating the jello, but I never was a big jello fan.

My six year old last week said to me "Mom, maybe this wasn't such a good idea" as she stood by me and held my hand. Last week, I was feeling somewhat in agreement, but this week, with Picc line out and finally drinking foods, I only see what is in my future, no more diabetes, no more meds to control my blood sugar, and the ability to lose the weight I put on from the diabetes. The desire to not be overweight anymore and to be thin again and living a happy, healthier life makes all that I have been through this month and all that I still have to endure worth it.

Slow and steady wins the race, and I plan on taking it slow and steady.

No comments:

Post a Comment