Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, September 16, 2013

Slowly Feeling Better

Slowly I am making progress. I didn't do too much walking yesterday. I went to the kitchen and leaned over the sink so my mother could help me wash my hair. It had been almost 12 days since I had my hair washed and it was making me crazy feeling so gross. They wanted to take me to a local salon to have it done, but I know I don't have that much energy to do that just yet.

Hair washing was a success. We also removed the bile bags that were attached. Since there has hardly been any drainage, which is a good thing. That tells me the fistula that we have all been praying to close, is closing since it is no longer leaking out my incision sites. Anyhow, the bags had been on for almost a week and I could feel them beginning to hurt and eat away at my skin. My mother stood by and cried for fear when we pulled them off and my son and I slowly peeled them away. Nothing leaked out. We wiped them down with sterile gauze and sterile water. They felt better immediately!
We are keeping them covered with sterile gauze in the event there is still small amounts of leakage.

I have begun weighing myself daily to make sure I am not leaking inside my body and gaining weight. So far I am losing a small amount of ounces every day. This morning I actually weighed 209.8, so that is a good sign. I am still no food or water by mouth, only the TPN bags for my food through the IV Picc Line.

Today I feel a little more alert and my mom said my color is looking better. I am still napping a lot, but that is good, I know I am healing and I am finally sleeping better at night and can lay almost entirely flat now without any complications.

I see my local PCP on Wednesday, where he will draw my labs for Dr. Snyder and change the dressing on my Picc Line. I will let him know what we did with removing the bags and covering up my skin with gauze so it can heal.

My first appointment with Dr. Snyder is Wednesday, September 25th.

Please continue to pray for my healing and recovery. I hope to be able to be back on track in less than a month but only the doctor will know for sure when that is, but I am hoping it is sooner than a month.

Well, I am ready for a nap and will try to post more often now that I am feeling a little better. I just do not want to over do it.

Below is a picture I took today of the hole from my incision where the leak began and how it looks today after removing the drainage bags. I felt the bile by the incision was just eating away at my skin and making it larger. It actually looks better today than it did yesterday when we first removed it.

3 comments:

  1. Good grief that looks painful. Praying for you. Please update when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this article very helpful. thanks. belly fat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. Are your sims in game sims 4 cheats ready for the perfect photo shoot?

    ReplyDelete