Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Time for a haircut.

     As we all know, our hair falling out is part of the process of gastric bypass surgery. I haven't been upset about it since I knew it was coming and I also have (had) very thick hair.
     I did ask my doctor at my last visit how long it lasts, he said it could last up to 6 to 9 months, it just depends, but it only happens during the rapid weight loss phase. WOW! I was thinking at that moment, I better get all healed up soon so that use this time to really lose all the weight I need do.
     Since I had so many set backs from complications, I am wasting part of my time to take advantage of this time to lose more weight than I should. After all, I am still at only 40 pounds lost after 3 1/2 months post-op. 
     Well, I decided today to take a picture for those of you who wonder how much hair actually falls out. This hair is what came out of my hair today taking a shower. There was still more that washed down the drain, but this is just the hair that comes out in my hands as I wash my head.
     I have decided today that I will go and get a much shorter hair cut so when it does fall out it won't be as noticeable and it won't pull out so much when I brush it out.
     So for all you ladies in a panic, this is normal.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Robyn - LOVED to hear you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving and then a few days at 6 Flags to boot! So glad to hear you are still doing well. I decided to grow my hair after my RNY - I guess I had this idea of doing a total transformation or something. Any way - I did - I did have some hair loss but not as extreme as others. In any case when I got sick the next summer - I went back to my super short cut in desperation - because I was just too sick to be drying, straightening etc - and have kept it short since. I think you will be happy with a shorter cut - it will open up an lift your face - make sure to post a pic! Take care chickie!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, I was thinking of ordering a wig as well to wear until the fall stage ends. Then I can let my hair grow back. I just hate looking dumpy everywhere I go because my hair looks awful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your "hairy" ordeal. I'm in the same boat (had RYN 8/5/2013).

    So, why does it fall out from our heads and not someplace useful like legs and under arms? Haha.

    Please share a pic of your new haircut! I need some inspiration

    ReplyDelete