Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Holiday's are Almost Over!`

YAY! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE HOLIDAY'S TO BE OVER!

I don't want them to be over because I am not into the holidays, I love the holiday's. I am just tired of all the extra food around. Since I know my husband doesn't read this, I will admit, he is an eater. He loves food, and it is his motivation. If I ask him to go do something in town he usually would rather just sit home and watch TV unless I say, you want to go out to lunch. Then he is out the door and in the car in a flash. So, of course, he has been pigging down the food like usual over the holiday's and I have been baking cakes, cookies, fudge, food dishes, making eggnog with brandy, and whatever other fattening dish of food there is. Thank goodness I have a small stomach right now or all this food would be hard to say no thank you to.

So far I have noticed not very much of anything upsets my stomach or gives me dumping. According to what I have read, dumping is basically a hot flash with flushing and racing heart beat. Since I am used to that having already went through menopause, I don't even notice it. I have noticed with me, my so called "dumping" doesn't happen from food of any sorts, but rather by over exertion or pain.

Since my side is still not fully healed and I have issues doing my normal daily physical activities, exercising at a normal pace, and anything that requires some strength from the stomach. I am amazed at how much your stomach is used during your daily routine until you begin to do small things, like lift up my dishes to the cupboards and I feel those muscles pull and I almost drop all the dishes.
Anyhow, pulls and pains like this begin to sting and burn and then my "dumping" begins. I start sweating and flushing and my heart races. So, I have associated my dumping with pain rather than food, and it really isn't that bad. 

Once New Year's is over and hubby has had his sauerkraut and black eyed peas, he is ready to begin to watch what he eats and exercise. That I will see if he sticks with since after about a week, he usually has an excuse to not do it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment