Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND!

     First off I just want to say I am thankful to be alive! When I went in for surgery this past August, I expected a couple of weeks recovery at the most and life back to normal for the most part. Boy, was wrong. Not only did I feel like I was going to die after I had surgery and the few days that followed before they went in and did the revision to fix the leaks, I was so wore out and swelling that I could not wait to get back to the US to be near my family to recover. Little did I know that I would be back in the Hospital, but the Trauma Center Hospital 96 miles away from my home for 10 more days. Even there is was day by day and the code blue incident was a reality check of how serious my condition was.
     With all that being said, and still not 100% and back to a normal life, I am very thankful to be alive today and had the opportunity to share this holiday weekend with my husband and two children still living at home. I am thankful that God was so gracious to me and bestowed such mercy on me in providing a bariatric physician, and a Christian, to take me as a patient. When I reflect back on the things that could have been worse that could have caused my life to end, either in Mexico or back home, I see God's design in watching over me.
     We celebrated as a family this year with our prayer of Thanksgiving and I cooked all the traditional turkey dinner fixings, and I cooked so many different flavors of pies. My family has yet to eat them all and I have had to freeze some to pull out one at a time.
     The day after Thanksgiving, we drove to San Antonio, my first long car ride since I have been released from the hospital. I did well on the ride. I did well sleeping in the hotel bed too. We spent two days at Six Flags for the Holiday in the Park. It was wonderful. The first day, I walked for about 2 hours, sat down a couple of hours, then used my walker for the last few hours until we went to the hotel. The next day, I was very sore and had some issues just standing up from a sitting position and walking was painful, so I rented an electric wheelchair/scooter thing for the day from the park. This made enjoying the lights, Santa, and my kids faces enjoying themselves at the park absolutely wonderful.
     I am happy to be home and back in my own bed and not overdoing it, but talking it one day at a time, doing a little more than the day before to push myself in my recovery.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday as well.

3 comments: