Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Finally Slept All Night in my Bed

For the first time since I have had the surgery have I been able to sleep in bed. I have tried before but could never lay longer than an hour. Earlier this week I began getting uncomfortable sleeping in the recliner. Oh, the recliner. It has been my bed for almost 3 months now. It was too painful to lay back completely and I could not lean on either side of my body. Every time I tried to lay down in my bed it was difficult to breathe, my abdomen ached and I had no strength to raise myself to get up. The recliner allowed me the comfort to lay back with my upper body slightly raised and it was very easy to get out of.

This past week, I had been very uncomfortable sleeping in the recliner. I couldn't get my legs right, I tried stretching them out, moving them to lay closer to me bent, nothing helped. My legs and back were hurting. In my frustration I got up and decided I needed to lay flat for just a bit to relax and stretch out. I felt like I was cramping up.

To my pleasant surprise when I laid down, it felt so relieving. I wasn't having any trouble breathing. I turned to my right side where my body is healed and then used my body pillow to support my leg and apply soft gentle pressure against my abdomen. This took all pain away from my left side.

The next thing I know it is 4:00AM my husband is getting up for work. I got up and went back to my recliner. It was still uncomfortable so I went back to lay in the bed. Relief. I fell back asleep and slept until 7:00 AM when my daughter woke up.

What a milestone. It felt so great to sleep in my own bed again. :-)

3 comments: