Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Getting Out Again

I am beginning to finally feel like a normal person again. Today I weighed 186.6 pounds so I am happy with my weight still going down. I am able to do some light cleaning around the house and cooking meals for the family. I am back to driving again this week, but not long distances. I am driving my daughter to school and to the store for things.

My endurance is much better as I can shop for longer periods of time now and sometimes I do just walk around the store and browse just to get in some additional walking.

I still have muscle pain and fatigue on my left side where my main incision complications were after the surgery.

One thing is I am feeling much better mentally. My desire to celebrate the holidays has returned. I have almost finished my Christmas shopping, I have shipped off the Christmas gifts to my son and daughter-in-law in England. I even bought a new artificial tree. After throwing my old one out two years ago, I finally feel happy to get a new one. My daughter is so excited, but what 6 years isn't excited about Christmas.

I also have bought our turkey for Thanksgiving and most of the trimmings. I even want to bake our own homemade pies this year. My daughter cannot wait to help me make them. She loves helping out cooking in the kitchen.

It feels good to feel normal again, and I believe it has to do with my blood sugar level being normal and being off the meds. My entire outlook on life went from the doom and gloom I had to my per-diabetic mindset of being happy and positive. I like the new/old me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there - I can tell by your blog that you are feeling more energized and getting back to normal. Embrace it and enjoy it - SO GLAD to hear you are doing great! Hugs!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I am learning to take my recovery one day at a time.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete