Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Last Scab Finally Fell on my Incisions

Only a few days short of being 3 months post-op, the last scab that was still on one of my incisions that opened up and leaked.  It is still fairly sore inside under my incisions and it is still difficult to walk or stand for any period of time. It is almost very painful to bend over. I can lean to the side that had no complications, but the side that broke open and leaked still feels like it has hard knots inside and when I try to bend over it makes a burning sensation and pushes up against my rib cage.

My right side felt similar to this right after the surgery, but it went away after a few weeks after the major healing.

I do recall my doctor telling me in the hospital it could take up to 6 months to completely heal and now that I am almost 3 months out, I think it will take the entire 6 months before I am completely healed and can begin all my normal activities. Until then, it is one day at a time.

Here is a picture of before when the incision was open after I returned home from the hospital in mid September and the after photo was taken this morning after the scab fell off. 
Before - Mid September 2013

3 Months Post-op

1 comment: