Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What about gas????

For those of you reading this wondering what to expect or what could happen, here is a new one for me. . . GAS!

I have never been much of a passing gas person. If I did it was pretty rare and after my gallbladder was removed in 2004 I did occasionally get gas, but it was always in the form of burping.

Since I have had gastric bypass I have gas all the time. At first I thought, okay this from the surgery and after all the gas leftover from the surgery is finished passing I should go back to normal.
Well, as you all know from reading, I didn't have the best recovery and I did have some pretty serious complications with my side opening up and my waste coming out through my incisions and I was hospitalized for 10 days and not able to eat or drink while the Fistula closed up and healed.

With that begin said, I accept there is still more gas passing inside and hurting and yes it did. Although, the Fistula is closed, my incisions are almost completely healed, but the gas is still there. I can hear it and feel it moving inside my belly and after a while, it finally passes. Wow, I feel like such a lady now farting quite a bit each day . . . NOT!

Now, I wonder, will this be my new norm, or will it change over time. I sure hope that it changes and I go back to how I was before the surgery. I don't like this little added bonus, but at least I can say, it is livable to deal with, just not pleasant on the Miss Manners end.
Image source: http://lovelylittlelexemes.blogspot.com/2011/06/fart.html

No comments:

Post a Comment