Pounds to Lose.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Post 7 days on liquid diet

So today marks day seven for me being able to have liquids. Although, the past few days I have done thick liquids per say. I have put my soups in the Nutribullet and liquified them so they are drinkable but hardy. I have had no issues digesting them and they help keep me from being hungry a little longer than broth alone.

I am trying to get my protein shakes in. I will admit, I am still a bit afraid to drink too much at this time, afraid it my be too much and spring a leak or cause constipation like some others have had and cause a bowel obstruction. I may be overreacting a bit on the side of caution, but I want to make sure I heal and do not end up back in the hospital.

Call me a wuss if you want, I would rather take it slower than mess myself up. Today I did sip my protein shake without adding milk to it. I do have liquid protein I can sip as well, but I will take the bottle in to the Doctor appointment with me next week and ask him about adding it to my diet first before I add it.

I made myself some tea today to drink. I am still having trouble drinking the crystal light drinks. I have never been one to use artificial sweetener and the aftertaste just keeps me at bay, so I made my own drink and added my organic sugar/stevia to sweeten it just a bit. I have already drank twice as much today than I have been for the past 3 days.

I also chewed a flinstones vitamin today for the first time as well. I will try my liquid vitamins tomorrow in a small amount and see how I handle it first before going full throttle.

My incisions are still very sore, but scabbing over nicely. I am still not able to exercise or do too much and I have not been out of the house other than to go to my doctor appointments. I am feeling a little better every day in spite of my slow progress.

On a good note, I weighed 200 pounds exactly today and my blood sugar was only 89 today. Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, thanks for sharing the information. I will come to look for update. Keep up the good work.

    Benefits of choosing Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery

    ReplyDelete